Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Christmas and Bumble Bees

Hello there! It’s the last Wednesday of the month and we have a new sketch at the Outlawz Sketch Challenge!

Our sponsor this month is SheepSkiDesigns which is owned by  Andrea Norris, who is also the artist for SheepSkiDesigns and a very valued and talented Design Team member here at the Outlawz Sketch Challenge! Our June winner will get a digi prize from Andrea.




Okay, now here is our sketch for this week!


I liked the sketch and Andrea's images so much I made two cards this week. 

For the first one, I used Mindy #40 by SheepskiDesigns. I wanted to make a kitty with blue eyes and the medium gray color seemed to work well with the eyes. I colored with Copic markers. My papers are from my stash and the little red bows are from Hobby Lobby and I found them in my stash recently.




For my second card, I used Bumble Bee Blossom #90. I've been fascinated with bumble bees this summer for some reason and when I saw this image, it was a 'must have'. I colored with Copic markers and added some clear Wink of Stella to the wings before I realized I should have made my wings transparent but since I had already put on the Wink of Stella, I didn't want to damage my markers so I just left it the way it is. The papers are from my stash and so are the flowers. For my embossed layer, I used a new embossing folder by Stampin' Up! called Garden Trellis. I thought it went perfectly with the flower-bee theme.




Hope you will come by the Outlawz Sketch Challenge and see what my talented teammates have come up with!



Thanks for dropping in! I love having visitors!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! my gosh Darcy, these are so Beautiful a Summer and Winter card. Well done you for adding to your Christmas list LOL.
    Faith
    x
    PS Hope you can get the plant in the USA, it really is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two perfect cards! I love how this sketch looks! That cat is too cute and reminds me of how much my guys like to be under the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!