Sunday, August 31, 2014

CREATIVE BLOG HOP




I was nominated to take part in the Creative Blog Hop by my friend Fiona Henderson. Fiona has a quick wit and is always trying to help others even when she doesn't feel up to it. She goes above and beyond to be a great co-owner of the Through the Purple Haze Challenges blog. She dedicates a big portion of her time to CHAS (Childen's Hospice of Scotland), where she donates her cards. To learn more about Fiona, visit her blog:
http://ahighlanderflingofcards.blogspot.com/





The Creative Blog Hop happens every Monday and hops from crafter to crafter.

 
We all answer the same questions and nominate 3 people to hop on to so here goes:

 
 
1.   What am I working on?

Right now, I am on 3 Design Teams, Through the Purple Haze Challenges, the Outlawz Sketch Challenge, and I just became a DT member of Through the Craftroom Door magazine. Blogging, making cards, blogging, making cards, blogging....well that is what will be occupying my time. Along with commenting on challenge entries.
 


2.  How does my work differ from others of my genre?


Everyone has their own style. Me? I like to make cards that are more Clean and Simple than Fussy and Fancy. I tend to make "cutesy" cards that are cheerful and fun. I use a lot of pinks and purples in my work. And almost every card has some Copic marker coloring on it.



3. Why do I write/create what I do?


I love the creative outlet that I get. I've always enjoyed crafting and wished that I had more of a drawing talent but this is the next best thing. I love using Copic markers and it is so relaxing, I can literally pass hours of time in my craft room.





4. How does my creation process work?






I have to think about it before I do anything. I can't just sit down and start creating. First, I'll think of what I'm making the card for. Birthday, wedding, get well........... and then I'll pick my image ....sometimes its a digi image for a challenge or maybe it's a rubber stamp that is brand new, or one that I haven't used in ages or maybe it is an all time favorite. I choose my background papers next because I like to match my coloring to the paper. I find it turns out better that way.
 




  Now its time to nominate 3 people for the Blog Hop.
I have to nominate 3 people with blogs.
Its been so difficult to choose as I know so many
wonderful crafters.



So here is my choice of three crafters:-

1. Janet McLaughlin   http://mainelycards.blogspot.com/


Janet and I started as DT's on the Outlawz at about the same time. We soon found out that we had an awful lot in common. We are the same age. We each have one child. And we have many interests in common. Our cards, yard projects, plants, and so much more.
   She is so talented and her coloring is wonderful. It is so much fun to compare notes with her and we chat almost every day. I consider her one of my dearest friends and I can tell her ANYTHING!!






2. Sandra Van Blaricum  http://cardsandcreativity.blogspot.nl/


Sandra is my team leader at the Outlawz and the most gentle, nicest person you could meet. She is so thoughtful and her cards are so full of inspiration to me. If I could color half as well as she does, I would be so happy!! She has great creativity and is one of those people you are happy to call a friend. Sandra is also a leader at Through the Craftroom Door magazine.



3. Linda Kupstas    http://ladybugstampers.blogspot.com/


Linda is one of those people that just make you laugh. And we all need someone like that in our lives. She is a kind, generous lady that I met online about a year ago, I think. We chat sometimes and joke about getting together someday and crafting together! We think our hubbies could just spend the day fishing and we would lock ourselves inside and make cards.   She has taught classes at Joann's and she has such abundant talent in all crafting areas. When you visit her blog, you will see what I mean. Her creations are unique and well designed and she also has great coloring skills. 






Well now you have read my words you can go and enjoy our Blog Hop
with three wonderful crafters...


 








3 comments:

  1. Thanks Darcy!! You're too sweet!!
    You're also a great inspiration for everyone!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Darch for the lovely comments about our friendship.....really do appreciate you mentioning CHAS..that was very kind of you...and i love your blog hop...super...fiona x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! It is very much appreciated! I read each and every one!